Author Topic: [Sold] Lumion license for sale  (Read 358 times)

Re: [Sold] Lumion license for sale
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2018, 05:37:26 pm »
June 08, 2018, 05:37:26 pm
Thanks for your reply, can you please give me a review on the Dell Desktop ( Computer 2)

Yes, I was trying to write it inbetween the other posts about 3D Connexion devices.

Computer 2:

1. This desktop PC is indeed starting to show its age with the i7-2600, GTX 550 Ti and 16 GB system memory.

2. The Nvidia GTX 550 Ti is too weak to run Lumion. Given the fact that the rest of the components are quite old, I'm not sure if I would recommend that you upgrade the graphics card - or sell it for parts at some point and invest in a new computer.

If you do want to explore the possibilities if upgrading your graphics card, we'd need to know which power supply you've got (brand/product name and the Wattage). The reason is that not all power supplies are created equal, and you'd need a quality unit to be able to power high-end graphics cards.

3. Lumion will save imported models and other data in 'Documents\Lumion 8.0', so just like on your laptop you might want to consider moving the Documents folder to the D: drive to free up space on your small SSD C: drive. See the instructions in my previous post.

Hope this helps. :)
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

Ahmed El Attar

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2018, 05:39:50 pm »
June 08, 2018, 05:39:50 pm
I really want to thank you on your prompt replies :), is the support center working 24/7

Do I get a free update to Lumion 9? Because I just got the license, I think it will be released soon right?

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2018, 05:43:00 pm »
June 08, 2018, 05:43:00 pm
I really want to thank you on your prompt replies :), is the support center working 24/7

No, only Monday to Friday.

We try to have a life at weekends but do have to deal with occasional emergencies. :)

Do I get a free update to Lumion 9?

No, the annual upgrades incur an upgrade fee of about 33% of the price of a full license.

However, you don't have to upgrade and your license will remain valid forever.

If you do decide to upgrade your Lumion 8 license to Lumion 9 when it's released, you would get free updates until Lumion 10 is released.

I think it will be released soon right?

No, it will be released in quarter 4 this year. The past few years it was released during the 1st or 2nd week of November, so if that's the case again this year, there's about half a year to go. :)
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2018, 11:39:51 am »
June 11, 2018, 11:39:51 am
(Hi Ahmed, this is just to let you know that my colleague Patricia has sent the license transfer application form to Richard about half an hour ago)

Ahmed El Attar

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2018, 01:15:54 pm »
June 11, 2018, 01:15:54 pm
Thank you Morten, i ve just sent a message to Richard to ask him.

I wanted to ask you...I know its not possible to turn anything in foliage in Lumion Standard but is the " Grow plant ivory on wall option" available?

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2018, 02:26:02 pm »
June 11, 2018, 02:26:02 pm
Unfortunately not. :-\

Ahmed El Attar

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2018, 03:07:29 pm »
June 11, 2018, 03:07:29 pm
I see all the good features are stripped off from the standard version and for a freelancer it is very expensive to but the full version , nevertheless to keep update with the new version every year.
Please consider adding a monthly subscription as a option

Companies like: Autodesk, Chaos Group and Enscape are already doing that

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2018, 03:40:01 pm »
June 11, 2018, 03:40:01 pm
Thanks for the suggestion, Ahmed.

If you know a couple of other freelancers, you could consider setting up a small co-operative, so that you share the license between you to cover the cost. This set-up works best if you team up with somebody in a different time zone, so that there's minimal overlap.

Ahmed El Attar

« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2018, 08:39:27 am »
June 12, 2018, 08:39:27 am
Please try to raise this request to your upper management. It's going to be very difficult to share a license. You never know, at one time you might have a lot of work and the other doesn't. Also, at one point you might want to sell your license and the other doesn't and so on.... many many problems might arise.

I think if you activate this option, even many fresh grads might be encouraged to invest in it.

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2018, 09:01:38 am »
June 12, 2018, 09:01:38 am
Please try to raise this request to your upper management.

Hi Ahmed, thanks for the additional feedback. My colleagues discussed this subject on several occasions over the past few years but decided against a subscription model. That doesn't mean it might never happen but for the time being, this is where we're at.