Author Topic: [Awaiting replies] Freelance Organization  (Read 61 times)

mononoke®

[Awaiting replies] Freelance Organization
« on: November 07, 2018, 04:26:34 am »
November 07, 2018, 04:26:34 am
Hello people,

Is anyone a part of a "freelance organization" which can assist a new freelancer to
get a license based on pricing of an "additional seat" program?

I would love to be part of such a program at this point in time.

Re: Freelance Organization
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 07:01:45 am »
November 07, 2018, 07:01:45 am
Welcome, mononoke®.

I haven't personally heard about anybody doing that but it's an interesting idea as Lumion can be installed on as many PCs as you want.

The challenge would be to share the Licence Key evenly between the people who have contributed to the payment.

I guess the ideal situation would be two people in different time zones, so that there is minimal overlap when both need to use the License Key at the same time
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

mononoke®

Re: [Awaiting replies] Freelance Organization
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 05:35:03 pm »
November 07, 2018, 05:35:03 pm
Thanks for your input Morten. I thought about that, but I see a problem. You might allocate a certain time to work, but when you need to render, there is no time-fixation and there will be a lot of back and forth with one another to get allow each other time to work.

Just out of curiosity, do you know what the pricing is for an "additional seat"? Perhaps I can help pioneer this approach.

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 05:55:25 pm »
November 07, 2018, 05:55:25 pm
there will be a lot of back and forth with one another to get allow each other time to work.

Yes, if you're planning on rendering animations as opposed to still images you'd probably end up with bottlenecks now and then.

Just out of curiosity, do you know what the pricing is for an "additional seat"?

There's a volume discount for additional Seats.

If you visit to Buy page and add the version you're interested in to the shopping cart, there's a link to the volume discounts on the next page.

Hope this helps! :)
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

mononoke®

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 10:49:21 pm »
November 07, 2018, 10:49:21 pm
Thanks for the information.

Just for confirmation, Is the volume discount pricing same as "additional seats" under a company license?

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 11:07:33 pm »
November 07, 2018, 11:07:33 pm
Hello again, if somebody has already got 1 Lumion 9 Pro Seat and wants to add 1 more Seat, the price (ex sales tax) for the second Seat is shown on the screenshot below (to the right of "2"), i.e. €2,4849.05.

If somebody has already got 2 Lumion 9 Pro Seats and wants to add 1 more Seat, the price (ex sales tax) for the third Seat is shown on the screenshot below (to the right of "3-4"), i.e. €2,699.10.

Does this make sense?

By the way, you're always welcome to contact our [email protected] if you've got any other questions. Their email address is [email protected]

mononoke®

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 06:09:50 am »
November 08, 2018, 06:09:50 am
Thanks for your reply. You are clear in your message. Perhaps I was not.

Here is what I mean...

On the Buy Lumion page, you will see the link to buy Lumion 9 and if you scroll a little towards the bottom, you'll see the option to "Add Seats to your Organization". Here is the description:
Do more people in your organization need Lumion? You can buy extra seats!
link to add a seat.

And here is the description for the Add Seats page.
ADD SEATS
Lumion licenses are floating, which means you can install Lumion on multiple computers.

But if you want to run a single Lumion license on multiple computers at the same time, you will need to order extra seats for your current license.

Now, the single license running on multiple computers at the same time. I assume it is different from volume discounts of lumion 9 as in a volume discount I imagine you get each time a new license key. Where as in the add seats option, you are able to add another running instance of the same license. This is the pricing I want to confirm.

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 07:30:19 am »
November 08, 2018, 07:30:19 am
As far as I know, volume discounts apply regardless of whether somebody with an existing License Key (with X Seats) wants to add more Seats or somebody with several License Keys (X Seats each) wants to buy another License Key.

However, since the 'Add Seats' and 'Buy' pages only let you enter 1 License Key, special situations where the company/organisation has got (or wants) multiple License Keys instead of adding Seats to a single License Key require that you contact [email protected] in order to get a custom quote based on how many existing License Keys and Seats the company/organisation has got.

Did your already read this article?

Knowledge Base: How does the license system work?

As mentioned above, I'd recommend contacting my colleagues at [email protected] if you've got any other questions.

Hope this helps a little. :)