This forum is now closed.
Please join us at the new Lumion Community forum.
Lumion Community
Use your email address and password from the old forum to log in if your account was created before Feb 20 2020.
Otherwise, you will need to create a new Lumion Account at the new forum.

Author Topic: WIN $10,000 THE LUMION MOVIE COMPETITION  (Read 40604 times)

Re: WIN $10,000 THE LUMION MOVIE COMPETITION
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2011, 01:38:33 pm »
September 21, 2011, 01:38:33 pm
can i use any sountrack on my movie? ex enya - "only time" the rules says no third party should be included in the movie... i dont want my entry to be disqualified :(  Thanks

Should i compose ( oroginaly) my own background music?

No, you don't have to compose your own music. You can use royalty free music for example. These tracks are available for free, a small price or sometimes a larger price.

There is a problem when you use commercial music without a license since you are not allowed to use that music anyways. Essentially this makes your movie illegal and we can't use it or put it on our website.

Another (free) solution is to use the free background tracks on Youtube and send us a link with the music on youtube and another link with the location of the MP4 download which does not include the music.

jepi12

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2011, 01:28:26 am »
September 22, 2011, 01:28:26 am
ok, tnx!

jepi12

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2011, 03:04:41 am »
September 22, 2011, 03:04:41 am

jepi12

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2011, 05:14:22 am »
September 22, 2011, 05:14:22 am
if not... can you give me a site where i can download soundtrack which i can use on my movie ( other than youtube free background music) ... tnx!

RAD

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2011, 05:39:07 am »
September 22, 2011, 05:39:07 am
if not... can you give me a site where i can download soundtrack which i can use on my movie ( other than youtube free background music) ... tnx!

check em - maybe you can find something here that works for you

http://www.jamendo.com/en/

http://www.smartsound.com/royalty-free-music/?demo

http://incompetech.com/m/c/royalty-free/

http://www.mediamusicnow.co.uk/default.aspx

jordan230

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2011, 04:33:33 pm »
September 22, 2011, 04:33:33 pm
i am not sure about this, but can we use 3d models from google sketchup warehouse library?? also can we use still renderings as part of the video presentation?

thanks

jepi12

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2011, 06:20:53 am »
September 23, 2011, 06:20:53 am
Ok, thanks for the site .. one more thing :) .. does the background music has a a plus factor on the contest?

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2011, 10:35:23 am »
September 23, 2011, 10:35:23 am
i am not sure about this, but can we use 3d models from google sketchup warehouse library?? also can we use still renderings as part of the video presentation?
1) You are allowed to use still renderings provided that they were originally rendered in Lumion (post-processing in Photoshop, AfterEffects, Piranesi and other 3rd party applications is permitted).

2) UPDATED: If you want to use models from Google Warehouse, you should always ask permission from the person who uploaded the model you'd like to use. That's what we did with the building and some of the furniture in the Alpine Dwelling scene.

Also bear in mind that Google doesn't check if any of the uploaded models infringe on existing copyrights, so if a model uses a commercial texture/mesh that you use in your competition video you would be liable.

From the Terms of Service of Google Warehouse:
http://sketchup.google.com/intl/en/3dwh/tos.html

"8.2 You should be aware that Content presented to you as part of the Services, including but not limited to advertisements in the Services and sponsored Content within the Services may be protected by intellectual property rights which are owned by the sponsors or advertisers who provide that Content to Google (or by other persons or companies on their behalf). You may not modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on this Content (either in whole or in part) unless you have been specifically told that you may do so by Google or by the owners of that Content, in a separate agreement."
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

Aliki_N

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2011, 02:20:42 pm »
September 23, 2011, 02:20:42 pm
If you mean participate with more than one video, yes, that's no problem.

If you mean participate with other types of media, no, we only accept entries in .MP4 format.
Quote from: Morten link=topic=1676.msg11315#msg11315
date=1315125501

If you mean participate with other types of media, no, we only accept entries in .MP4 format.

Hi Morten,
With regard to the file format, can we be allowed to use other internationally recognized file formats such as ".mpg" or ".avi". Most of the video post processing softwares do not easily output to "mp4" which is the file format that you have requested. To archive mp4, file format one would need to convert the file to mp4 using file format convertors. From my experience there is a noticeable video quality loss by the time this exercise is completed. Is there a specific reason as to why the file format is strictly mp4?

Regards,

Alickn

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2011, 04:42:28 pm »
September 23, 2011, 04:42:28 pm
This is a question for Remko - I'll forward it to him.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2011, 05:05:19 pm »
September 23, 2011, 05:05:19 pm
Premiere and AfterEffects can output to MP4 at a maximum bitrate of 50Mbps = 6.25Mb/sec. This should make it pretty difficult to spot compression artifacts.

Which video editor are you using if I may ask?

If you won the competition and we needed a completely lossless version of the competition entry (assuming that there were some compression artifacts on the video that you had sent us), we would probably just ask you to render the video as still images.

The point of having the MP4 rule is just that we would prefer a high quality video, so that we don't have to ask you to render still images if you won the competition. Obviously it's still possible to create an MP4 with a very low bitrate and a lot of compression artifacts, so if I were to clarify this rule, it basically just means that we prefer a high-quality video, not a grainy highly compressed one :)

That being said, bear in mind that it's the idea/concept and the quality of the models/textures/composition as a whole that matter in this competition.

Make our jaws drop and don't worry too much if your video is compressed a little 8)

Aliki_N

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2011, 05:56:47 pm »
September 23, 2011, 05:56:47 pm
Premiere and AfterEffects can output to MP4 at a maximum bitrate of 50Mbps = 6.25Mb/sec. This should make it pretty difficult to spot compression artifacts.

Which video editor are you using if I may ask?

If you won the competition and we needed a completely lossless version of the competition entry (assuming that there were some compression artifacts on the video that you had sent us), we would probably just ask you to render the video as still images.

The point of having the MP4 rule is just that we would prefer a high quality video, so that we don't have to ask you to render still images if you won the competition. Obviously it's still possible to create an MP4 with a very low bitrate and a lot of compression artifacts, so if I were to clarify this rule, it basically just means that we prefer a high-quality video, not a grainy highly compressed one :)

That being said, bear in mind that it's the idea/concept and the quality of the models/textures/composition as a whole that matter in this competition.

Make our jaws drop and don't worry too much if your video is compressed a little 8)

Hi Morten,

Thanks for the feedback.
1. If concept, quality and composition are all that matters and one feels can best deliver the above in a format other than mp4, will they be disqualified for using a different file format?
2. Are 1 star renedered videos acceptable to you provided they are 750p or above?
3. Are previously posted videos acceptable to you provided they are re-linked to the competition forum?
4. Are ajudication results going to be made public to the forum? If not, do we get to see at least the best 10 entries if not all?

It is getting exciting.....

Regards,

Alickn 

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2011, 06:34:48 pm »
September 23, 2011, 06:34:48 pm
I'll let Remko answer :)

Aliki_N

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2011, 09:14:44 am »
September 27, 2011, 09:14:44 am
I'll let Remko answer :)

Hi Morten,

I still have no feedback from Remko on my previous questions.

Alickn

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2011, 10:33:22 am »
September 27, 2011, 10:33:22 am
Hi the MP4 720p format is a rule but if you manage to deliver a file which also has similar quality with a different codec (Xvid/DivX/Mov) that will be fine too. We do require 720p resolution though and you'll have to decide for yourself how many stars you will render. It's the endresult that counts so whoever sends in the best looking movie wins. We'll make sure that any movie that looks good will end up on our homepage ofcourse so you'll get some exposure even if you don't win. It does not matter if you created movies a year ago or published them before. All that is a required is a movie made with Lumion we can use on our website and brochures so people can see what you can make with Lumion.