This forum is now closed.
Please join us at the new Lumion Community forum.
Lumion Community
Use your email address and password from the old forum to log in if your account was created before Feb 20 2020.
Otherwise, you will need to create a new Lumion Account at the new forum.

Author Topic: Lumion update 2 preview  (Read 37503 times)

Gilson Antunes

Re: Lumion update 2 preview
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2011, 01:31:56 am »
June 09, 2011, 01:31:56 am
This is very good news.
Gilson Antunes
www.gilsonantunes.com.br
RTX 2080Ti / Win7 / (TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4,00GHz / RAM 64Gb DDR-4 / SSD 1,5Tb

SEVERINO

« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2011, 09:51:17 am »
June 09, 2011, 09:51:17 am
I also want to thank the whole team Lumion exfuerzo and dediicacion done so far. I know that you are making many sacrifices to put the line SP2. Although I predicted a great success and compensation vustra delivery.
¡¡¡¡¡ THANKS AGAIN !!!!.

Lech Switala

« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2011, 10:11:16 am »
June 09, 2011, 10:11:16 am
Great!!!

Gga_Mars

« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2011, 10:25:19 am »
June 09, 2011, 10:25:19 am
Thank you the Lumion Staff ! You have all of our support :)
Amenagement Urbanisme Architecture Design

www.auad.fr

Stio

« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2011, 12:06:53 pm »
June 09, 2011, 12:06:53 pm
Thank you very much.
It's great!

ahmet tezeren

« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2011, 07:37:21 pm »
June 09, 2011, 07:37:21 pm
Hello everyone;

I am using Lumion for one mounth and I appreciate you very much but I have a great problem about prices.

I think that the price ( 150 Euro for each plugin ) is too much. Probably you are planing to sell every additions as a pluging. I agree that this plugin options is very good but I still think that the price is too much.

The second problem is that there is not any information about plugins and I am wondering if I bought Special effects plugins and when you release Lumion Update 3 what will happen? Would I have to bought it again for Update 3?

I thought that this is a selling strategy. Because if you have tried to sell Lumion with these plugins with the coast of for example 1500 Euro you will not achieve to sell it too much.

andradechristo

« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2011, 12:43:03 pm »
June 10, 2011, 12:43:03 pm
Hi all,

I am in complete agreement! i think i am missing something. Firstly i want to add that Lumion is a revolution, however this update is a huge disappointment to me. I will explain why.

Firstly, as an architect using this product i care far less about smoke/one million different types of tree/and all these querky add-ons which are fun, and a whole lot more about the technical aspects which need improving. For instance, why do all interior shots make the ceiling grey/black? Interior lighting to express atmoshere at night/no sunlight conditions. Perhaps architectural views and perspectives could have been added and many more.

Secondly, i feel these modifications are a rouse to tweak extra money from lumions customers, which is fine as were not obligated to purchase them, but its not fine when it limits the progression of the product. Am i going to have to wait years until interior lighting is added......while im seeing flying planes, space ships etc. Afterall the front page of the website is all about architects!

Dont get me wrong, the DOF looks impressive as well as the smoke, but this is a money exploiting sidetrack to the primary functionality of Lumion. I hope this doesnt effect the prosperity of the product.

I have been waiting eagerly for this update, and cant help but feel disappointed as no real adaptations are evident in the use of the basic programe.

andradechristo

« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2011, 01:18:31 pm »
June 10, 2011, 01:18:31 pm
And to top it off, the tree plugin doesnt work. It won't place any of the new trees. Has anyone got any help....am i being dumb?

« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2011, 01:24:14 pm »
June 10, 2011, 01:24:14 pm
Don't worry, there's no evil conspiracy to squeeze out every last penny of you ;)

New features cost money to develop, this is the case for every software developer, and you should only buy plugin Packs if you need them and if you can make money with them.

Our customers have got different needs. Some might need the 166 new trees/plants in the Trees & Plant Pack if their main focus is on garden design, others make offshore windfarm visualisations and will need the ocean shader to simulate rough weather in the North Sea. Having separate plugins gives you, the customer, freedom to pick and choose depending on your individual needs.

As a Lumion Basic user, you have the opportunity to "partly" upgrade so to speak, since all existing license holders get one plugin Pack for free. Also bear in mind that there will be a range of ways to earn credits by helping us out, so that upgrading will be more affordable for our most helpful users.

Regarding lighting, it's not an either/or situation. We *will* do our very best to introduce articial lights, night lighting, sun position based on longitude/latitude etc. I personally also think we need to upgrade the sky colour system to make it look more realistic at sunset. The reason this hasn't been done yet is that all these features are closely connected and require a significant amount of work. But this doesn't mean it's not a priority at all - but it will take time before we get this right.

EDIT: Arthur is looking into the tree problem at the moment - apologies for this.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

andradechristo

« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2011, 01:53:06 pm »
June 10, 2011, 01:53:06 pm
Granted! I understand there are alternative requirements within industries. However on scale I imagine you’ll find there to be far more interior designers, architects, landscape architects (granted) than wind farm designers.

I am happy to pay for what i require. I feel its a shame that more items were not added as a good gesture such as buildings/pets etc. I think Lumion is a fantastic purchase of which I have not regretted, however I feel my point stands on what should take priority. As an end user the consideration of my and other comments in your forum should defiantly hold credit should Lumion be taken as far as I imagine you want it to.

Can I please have some technical help. I can’t place any of the new trees. Also I would like some help as to why my interior ceilings come out grey when they are the same material as the walls. I would really appreciate it.

I look forward to see the progression of lumion and appreciate the hard work put into it.  

Thanks Morten for you help.

« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2011, 02:09:21 pm »
June 10, 2011, 02:09:21 pm
I understand what you mean. From our perspective, it's not always easy to prioritise our efforts, since we need to expand our customer base to justify investments, not only by improving the core features for architects but also by adding completely new features that other customer segments may find useful.

Regarding the ceiling issue, the way it currently works is that objects are lit with an irradiance map based on the current sky settings. Unfortunately, we did not get round to fixing the lighting that causes the ceiling issue in this update but it obviously needs to be addressed (I had the same problem while working on the "Alpine Dwelling" demo scene). For the time being, the only workaround is to add a "Standard" material to the ceiling object and increase the "Brightness"/"Emissiveness" sliders.

The tree problem doesn't sound good. I'm currently downloading SP1 32-bit to test this myself.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

andradechristo

« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2011, 02:19:19 pm »
June 10, 2011, 02:19:19 pm
I'll try that thanks :)

Sorry, why are you downloading SP1 32 bit?. The error seems to be with the new SP2 64 bit  :-\

« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2011, 02:38:57 pm »
June 10, 2011, 02:38:57 pm
Sorry, why are you downloading SP1 32 bit?. The error seems to be with the new SP2 64 bit  :-\

Arthur will upload a new version of the 64-bit version today, so the link to that version is no longer available (I'm personally using an internal 32-bit version from Wednesday, and since I'm based in the UK I have to download the final 32-bit version from the customer area like everyone else :) ).

Is anyone else having trouble adding the plugin Pack trees to their scenes?

andradechristo

« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2011, 02:51:47 pm »
June 10, 2011, 02:51:47 pm
Thanks, hopefully it will work. If you can inform us when its done that would be great.

« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2011, 03:13:53 pm »
June 10, 2011, 03:13:53 pm
Will do that, Andrew.