August 25, 2011, 01:46:18 pm
Dear Lumion user,
Lumion Service Pack 2 Build 7 is now available for download in the Customer Area.
Download and unpack the .ZIP file in a temporary directory, and run the setup file.
You can keep older versions of Lumion installed without problems.We've attached a hotfix which fixes the Alpine Dwelling demo scene for the small number of Lumion Basic users without the Tree Pack. Please overwrite SpeedTree.cgr in:
We recommend that you create a backup of your Library and Scene files before using the new build (they are located in the Documents/Lumion/Scenes & Library folders).About Service Pack 2 Build 6 & Build 7
Thanks to your help in the forum, we've been able to fix the problems you reported in Build 6, and as a bonus we've also added a couple of new features:
- You can now place objects a lot further away from the center of your scenes.
- If you press F9, all trees and plants in the viewport will be rendered at their best level of detail, so that it's easier to see where you need to add more trees and plants in a scene.
- Camera animations are now smoother than before, and as some of you saw in the forum, ambient occlusion shadows (SSAO) have been improved quite a lot.
- The "baking" process which optimises rendering performance for many identical objects is now a lot faster and uses far less memory.
- A new "Show Layer" effect with keyframes has been added, so that you can show the different stages of the construction of a building in a single clip.
- Edge smoothing in movies has been dramatically improved thanks to a new "Smooth edges" effect which will be replacing the old "MLAA" effect. This effect is ideal for rendering movies in 2-star mode if you haven't got time for the more costly x16 edge smoothing in 3-star mode.
- We have also added a bunch of lovely new palm trees, corals, water lilys and grass objects to the Tree Pack which should make your scenes look more realistic than ever.
All the best,
The Lumion Team