This forum is now closed.
Please join us at the new Lumion Community forum.
Lumion Community
Use your email address and password from the old forum to log in if your account was created before Feb 20 2020.
Otherwise, you will need to create a new Lumion Account at the new forum.

Author Topic: Lumion 2.0 Preview!!!!  (Read 37761 times)

BSA

Re: Lumion 2.0 Preview!!!!
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2011, 08:52:11 am »
November 08, 2011, 08:52:11 am
Not yet.

I agree that it is a hassle, but it is not impossible to move a project from 1 PC to another. You basically need to copy C:\Users\_____\Documents\Lumion to the same location on the other PC. Then deactivate the Lumion license on the first PC and activate it on the other PC. Let me know if you need any more help.

Well we kinda found out about this already, but it is a lot of work and not very user friendly. Also the Users directory is growing pretty big with all those Lumion projects so the user profiles on our server are getting way to big. To be honest, I don't see why more people are concerned about this, what if that one computer crashes, I can hardly ask a user to make a backup of all his files every day.

Proso

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2011, 09:14:12 am »
November 08, 2011, 09:14:12 am
What about video texture???? I want to turn on a television in my interior animation.

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2011, 11:08:36 am »
November 08, 2011, 11:08:36 am
Well we kinda found out about this already, but it is a lot of work and not very user friendly.

Yes, we are well aware of this.

It is now impossible to move a project from one location (computer) to another one

You used the word "impossible" in your penultimate post, so I got the impression that you didn't know that it is... well, possible. Hence the instructions :)
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

mihu

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2011, 11:51:35 am »
November 08, 2011, 11:51:35 am
free update if purchased after 1st October??? :((((((((((((( I activated on September 30th :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

BSA

« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2011, 01:01:46 pm »
November 08, 2011, 01:01:46 pm
You used the word "impossible" in your penultimate post, so I got the impression that you didn't know that it is... well, possible. Hence the instructions :)

ah Ok sorry about that, I should have said almost impossible then  })
but I stick with my idea that it is not good for a business situation to not be able to open and save your projects to a location of your choice. Any word on when it will be possible?

Ferry

« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2011, 10:21:10 pm »
November 08, 2011, 10:21:10 pm
We want to focus on the big new features for the first 2.0 release so that they are a bit polished. But just like 1.0 SP1 2.0 SP1 will change many more of the basic working of Lumion. There are some big issues with people sharing the folder on a network drive which is the reason we didn't implement it yet. We will try some different ideas we have for saving and keep you updated on our ideas.

blendman

« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2011, 05:27:32 am »
November 09, 2011, 05:27:32 am
Looks good! 

Regards,

Blendman
Kit:  ASUS ROG Strix Scar II
Processor: Intel Core i7-8750H
Graphics: Nvidia RTX 2070 with 8GB GDDR6 VRAM
Memory: 16GB DDR4 RAM
Storage: 1TB SSH + 256GB PCI-E
Display: 15.6-inch FHD, 144Hz refresh with 3ms response time

Michael Betke

« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2011, 08:22:15 am »
November 09, 2011, 08:22:15 am
Will Lumion be abandoned now or do we get still bugfixes for it? Especially the normalmapping bug i submitted recently.
Pure3d Visualizations Germany - digital essences
Interactive 3D Visualizations for Architects, Serious Games and Simulation Developers
Twitter | 3D Model Shop

Ferry

« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2011, 09:39:16 am »
November 09, 2011, 09:39:16 am
We didn't plan yet if there will be a new 1.0 release. However all bugs will first be fixed for 2.0

Michael Betke

« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2011, 09:53:07 am »
November 09, 2011, 09:53:07 am
So it can happen that I spent hundrets of euros and don't get a fundamental bug fixed to make my normalmaps work with a custom material only if I upgrade and spend another bunch of additional hundreds euros?! It's a bit "Autodsk'ish", isn't it?
Pure3d Visualizations Germany - digital essences
Interactive 3D Visualizations for Architects, Serious Games and Simulation Developers
Twitter | 3D Model Shop

stucki

« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2011, 10:29:16 am »
November 09, 2011, 10:29:16 am
i am a little bit disappointed about prices/upgrade politics too.

first there was lumion and we gladly paid for it ...
than there came plugins we could pay for ..
than there was ultimate wich we could upgrade to..
now comes lumion 2.0 and we can upgrade to it.

besides every plugin has to be upgraded with it (which is complete nonsense to me.. )

thats still somewhere okay for me ( even if at first lumion seemed to be very fair priced ... now its a little bit different for me ..)

but there are still so many really basic but big issues with lumion 1.0 that will not be adressed in lumion 2.0

- no real transparencies
- no isometries or parallel cameras
- no grouping and saving/opening groups
- no possibility of saving in folders
- no possibilty of exporting movie effects and importing them in another project ..
- no possibility of changing textures for the objects in the library
- no possibility of rendering an exact frame from a movie
- if i render a movie several times it will always look different ( because the wind factor is always different at the beginning ( a movie effect or a wind-start-value would help much )
- no movie textures
- the impractical method of rotating, scaling, moving at the bottom of the menue
- and there is more i just didnt remind yet.

and now the possibility lumion team will leave lumion 1.0 as is and wont even fix the remaining bugs ...

to me it seems that lumion 2.0 is so much more eyecandy to impress, but no real important
update to the core and the useability of lumion.

please dont get me wrong i really love lumion its speed and its eyecande very much, but please adress a little more to the important things and dont leave lumion 1.0 as it is

kind regards
stucki

« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2011, 01:17:23 pm »
November 09, 2011, 01:17:23 pm
@Stucki: Ultimate is Lumion with all possible plug-ins. So, yes at some point we introduced plug-ins and we introduced the Ultimate version as an easy way to get everything at once. Don't forget the immense amount of improvements we added to v1.0 even if you never got any plug-ins at all.

You can always wait and see and stick to v1.0 until you see something worth upgrading for. I myself am still using Photoshop CS3 for example because all the updates do not contain anything I need.

It's easy to make a list of what is not included but I can assure you there are many new things in v2.0 which make it a great release. Indoor lighting was no. 1 feature on the list of most customers for example. Improved animation is another feature I have seen mentioned very often. After the 2.0 release service packs will follow with more detailed tweaks.

kshen

« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2011, 03:23:16 pm »
November 09, 2011, 03:23:16 pm
Will there be a free version of Lumion 2.0 for testing

« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2011, 03:31:30 pm »
November 09, 2011, 03:31:30 pm
Will there be a free version of Lumion 2.0 for testing
Yes, it will be released after the release of Lumion 2 Commercial

stucki

« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2011, 04:42:37 pm »
November 09, 2011, 04:42:37 pm
i am trying to not forget all the improvements in 1.0 and i really love them all !

but there are still so important things that should be improved, before advancing further on the road to more beauty, to make this program better usable.

in my opinion it would be better to get rid of all structural glitches before adding more functionality.

will there be detailled infos about lumion 2.0 soon ?

At the moment i cant decide if i should take advantage of the 10% discount or not
because i know to little about 2.0

e.g. what light are in basic, which will become an plugin ?